Wednesday 12 December 2012

How do You network??



Good Question...

Hmmm I guess my networking skills changed a lot over the years.

It went from dreaming about being a singer to real life studying music and production as a profession, then being an aspiring music Producer to

I am a singer

to...



But seriously now...

How do you network in this overloaded world of so much creative clutter. There's someone releasing a track every day and it's hard to get through the mediocre and the rubbish to what you are really looking for. Real talent takes a lot of time and effort to track down.

Well I guess there is no right or wrong. It really depends on where you are, what events you go to, what people you talk to. I prefer receiving a contact card or flyer and checking it out at home in my own time. I find it stressful to meet too many people face to face. It's a lot of pressure and you don't always know if they're telling the truth.

We live in a world were social media has become such a norm. Networking is a must for survival in the creative and media industries. So the question is - what's the best way to keep in touch? What's the best way to network. Good question I'm still working this out.

I personally like to hand out flyers and cards. People can check me out in their own time and so people can see my picture and have a link to my site - then they can see what I'm really about. It cuts through a lot of having to act like someone else to get attention. I want to get ahead as an artist but I still like being myself!

Thank you

Much love,

Lidiaana

www.lidiaana.com

No comments:

Post a Comment