Wednesday 12 December 2012

Lidiaana and her creative Team (Riinret Jewellery / Rahwa Design)


Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well. This blog is dedicated to the some of the creative professionals I've been working with this year. 

First off - Jewellery Designer Riinret. 
I met her at uni and instantly fell in love with her
              #NoHomo!

She is so beautiful and talented. When I saw her Jewellery for the first time I was blown away by her designs and instantly asked her to design some pieces for my photo shoot 
I had scheduled for March 2012.


 I used to look at other artists and feel down on myself because other independent artists had unique fashions and I had no idea how I could get that for myself. What I didn't know until now is that that is what networking is for!

After that I decided to network and work with jewellery designers, clothes designers, stylist and anyone who could help me out with a new look for 2012. I could stop being envious - I had reached my goal! I feel that envy is a helpful thing in getting ahead in creative or professional areas because it lets you know what you really want deep down. If you are envious of someone that means you should stop feeling sorry for yourself and fight to get what you want for yourself. It's inspiration!











Working with a lot of personal shoppers and fashion designers has taught me a lot about fashion. I've been able to give direct advice at the design drawing stage of an outfit, I've been able to be a lot more imaginative and 'out there' with my fashion and look. I've developed a more progressive fashion sense and style through working in a practical hands on way with all these talented people. For example shopping around for pieces, going to fashion shows, viewing other people's fashion portfolios, seeing the full process of a fashion design from concept to finished product. These have really helped me and my skills as a fashionista!

While we're on the subject of fashion, for the styling for my latest release Hater (release Jan/Feb 2013) I went shopping in Toronto, Canada as well as London, UK. Tina was my stylist in Toronto. She tracked down and put together the outfit for the first half of the video shoot, which included a Dolly Parton jacket, and the second look for the  shoot - a warrior princess, gold spiked number - was styled by London designer Rahwa. She was incredibly creative and worked under pressure really well. Nothing distracts her from her passion for fashion!

Fan her up on Facebook - Rahwa Designs





Much love,

Lidiaana xxxx

www.lidiaana.com

No comments:

Post a Comment