Wednesday 1 May 2013

New Way of mixing

Back in College, I loved to mix my tracks. Soon I realised that I didn't like doing everything within track and started focussing on writing and producing. It's always good to let someone else have a listen to the mix or the production. This is why I have then started to hire independent sound engineers to take care of my tracks.

However after last years amazing summer holiday I felt so inspired to record my vocals and to mix them in a new way. More airy, more reverb .... and as a result songs such as "To the Sky" and "Noah's Lullaby" have a new vibe.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/lidiaana/id325976211

In order to explore that new sound of mine it was a better idea for me to premix those tracks myself and then to hand it to someone to take care of the polishing bits and to EQ the lead vocals.
More importantly, delivering a rough mix saves a lot of time.

Mixing in general is such a a crazy picky job ... I mean look at the pic below :-) LOL



This is why I am so glad that I usually know what I want out of a mix.

Moreover, I work with a really good music producer and sound engineer that goes by the name of WaTa ...check him out https://soundcloud.com/wata-1

Much love, @lidiaanamusic


No comments:

Post a Comment